One of the most exciting ways to challenge my partner is to ask him to do a project with me. Of course, I am always met with excitement and gratitude for yet another thing to add to his honey-do list… not! He usually wonders how I come up with some of these ideas and probably wants Pinterest to somehow get lost in the internet-sphere, never to be found again by his wife.
As tempting as it is to give up on these projects (days or weeks into them), I still find myself longing for a little project to keep me on my toes. Through the years, Erik has fallen into the pattern of learning to hear me out on my idea and try it out. We have had many project fails and some projects that were wonderful products of hard work and sweat. For this dresser, we cleaned it inside and out, sanded it, filled in the original designs and drawer knob holes, painted it, and put new drawer pulls on. I’m still searching for some new dresser legs.
For our third anniversary the traditional gift is leather. When we figured out this little fun fact, we realized we had leather drawer pulls on their way to our house! It was the perfect little moment… we had re-designed a dresser we received from a friend and we wanted some leather drawer handles. This was the perfect way to solidify our small, but mighty, three years of marriage.
- I hope that through the many years of our marriage, our love, faith and hope in one another is as strong, mighty, and beautiful as leather.
- I hope that the renewal of an old dresser is a reminder that no matter what we are handed in our marriage, we have the ability to make the best out of it.
- I hope we can continue to grow, shape and mold our marriage to fit our personal style, needs and capabilities.
- I hope that even when we are afraid of failure in our marriage, we will remember the successes we have had along the way.
- I hope that even when we try to fix things up or fill things in or break things down in our marriage and it doesn’t look perfect, we can still love the imperfections.
Letticia Vickner, Creator & Editor
You can find my personal Instagram account here
I have been married to Erik for nearly three years. Minimalism, coping mechanisms and trigger warnings are all a part of my daily life as I struggle through anxiety that began at a young age. I find myself reading novel after novel, ignoring the world around me while listening to a good podcast or having time to myself to recharge and reboot for what the world asks of me on a daily basis.